BY: SEDONAH NAJERA
Every new year opens the door to a world of beauty possibilities. As we say goodbye to 2016’s trends, we welcome 2017’s with an open mind and a fresh face.
This spring is all about self-expression with makeup. The beauty of makeup is having the freedom to create any look you want. Whether it’s full glam, natural, or in between, there are no limits when it comes to makeup.
Study up on these beauty trends and be prepared to be inspired and incorporate them into your own look. Here are the new trends from Fashion Week to get you ready for this spring.
Glossy Lids and Cheeks:
Clear lip gloss is making a comeback. Glossy lids are still going strong, but the eyes aren't the only part of your face that could benefit from a boost in shine. Find a clear, non-sticky formula that you can apply to your cheekbones to give a yourself youthful glow.
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Clear, $9
- L’OREAL Paris Colour Riche Le Gloss in Naturally Nude, $8
- Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Shiny Totally Lucid, $14
Add a pop of color to your makeup with a bright colored lip. A bright red or orange lip paired with minimal makeup will always be a winner. The bolder, the better!
- CoverGirl Perfection Lipstick in Flame, $7
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Electric Orange, $7.49
- Dior Beauty Dior Addict Lipstick in Cruise, $32
Glistening Glitter Lips:
If you’re feeling extra bold with your makeup, then glistening glitter lips is the next thing to try! Purchase a sparkly lip color or glitter topcoat and swipe on a layer on top of your lipstick color- it's a lot more wearable than you think.
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Sparking Brick Copper, $21
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Starr, $20
- NYX Wicked Lippie in Wrath, $8
Forget the classic smokey eye - this season is all about the smudgy eye. Grab a pencil liner and lightly stroke it over your line and smudge it out softly over your eyelid with your fingertip. In other words, don’t worry about drawing a neat line!
- NYX Slide On Eye Pencil in Jet Black, $8
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil in Legend, $20
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil, $3
If bold colors aren’t for you then maybe you could try adding a soft, pastel eyeshadow color to your lids. Give yourself a subtle look with pretty pastels: purple, pink, yellow, blue or green.
- MAC eyeshadow in Yogurt, $16
- Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Lux Lilac, $3.99
- Colourpop Super Shadow in One By One, $5
These spring trends are all about inspiring you to have fun with makeup and adding a little spin on it to showcase your personality and enhancing your look by playing with what you’ve got. Don’t knock it until you try it!