BY: JOANN ROW
With the full schedules we carry day in and day out, there is a tendency to neglect the first thing we introduce to the world: our face. Stress can take a massive toll on our skin, especially with the lack of sleep and overload of work, school and play. Take a few of these few steps to rediscover the natural complexion that is hiding behind stress-filled layers. Morning care:
- Berry Beauty Blast smoothie: Jumpstart your skin with a glass of berry-filled yummies. Berries are proven to have natural antioxidant compounds that help in premature skin aging. Dr. Oz approves!1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries 1/4 cup frozen or fresh raspberries 1/4 cup frozen or fresh strawberries 1/4 cup kale 1 cup water
- One Love Organics Morning Glory oil: I add a few drops of this on my apples of my cheeks before my moisturizer and it instantly gives my face a little oomph of smoothness, rosiness and moisture. Plus, it gives an extra layer of protection from the world.
- Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF: I cannot stress how important sunscreen is! Whether it is summer or winter, never forget to give your face an umbrella from the harsh, outside rays. Your face will love you for it!
- Simple cleansing wipes: It takes two steps in order to truly take off every bit of long wear makeup. The first step is these amazing makeup wipes. I’ve tried others before and would leave oil slick on my skin. This feels light, natural and “simple.”
- Origins Checks and Balances face wash: This cleanser is so gentle on my skin and takes off every last bit of makeup that may have been left behind. The frothiness makes it feel like my face is taking a little bubble bath!
- Fresh Sugar Face Polish: I only use this twice a week (too much exfoliating will dry out skin) but it feels like a new layer of skin is born every time!
I know many ladies lean towards taking biotin (vitamin H) supplements for stronger nails and lengthy hair, but be cautious. Biotin can actually lead to breakouts, so I suggest trying Trader Joe’s Women’s Formula multivitamins instead. Women’s formula still has the ingredient biotin but at a much smaller dose.