Dig these gifts
BY: VIOLET BANKS
- The Bookworm - An Incomplete Education: 3,684 Things You Should Have Learned But Probably Didn’t ($23 | Amazon.com ) This 1987 classic has been revived and updated with new indispensable knowledge on global affairs, popular culture, economic trends, scientific principles and modern arts. Any self-proclaimed bookworm would love adding this to her collection.
- The Girly Girl - Personalized Candle ($24 | Luminique.com) These soy candles are a unique gift for the girl who loves to be pampered. Choose from 22 themes (ex. harmonious, abundance, anniversary, birthday, etc), 14 colors and 20 fragrances. Create a custom candle by adding a personalized message.
- The Artist - Holga 35mm Camera ($48 | Urbanoutfitters.com) This little gadget makes colors radiate and gives photos a classic look whether you’re advanced or a beginner. It’s also a nice change from the seriousness of digital lens. The girl with an artistic eye will love having the developed outcome.
- The Funny Girl - Porn for Women ($10 | Amazon.com) It isn’t what it sounds like! It’s a photo book full of handsome men... cooking, cleaning and asking for directions. The pictures are accompanied with hilarious captions like: “I love to clean.” Gift this totally PG novelty spread to a girl with a sense of humor and she’ll definitely get a laugh out of it.
- The Techie - The North Face E-Tip Gloves ($45 | Nordstroms.com) Some guys are really into their laptops and phones. These stretchy, snug-fitting gloves let you use touch-screen cell phones, laptops and MP3 players without removing your gloves. The trick is in the X-Static® material placed at the thumbs and index fingers. If the guy does more than just check his mail with his gadgets this is perfect for him.
- The Music Man - DIY Guitar Pick Punch ($25 | Thinkgeek.com) If you are friends with a guy who plays the guitar you’ve heard him whine about losing his picks. This is the perfect solution. He just places whatever material he wants between the guitar pick hole punch and out comes his pick. Give this to the guy with the guitar and he’ll have no more excuse for why he can’t play you some tunes.
- The Gamer - Gamefly Subscription ($15/month) This is definitely the perfect gift for the guy who spends most of his time with his console. It’s like Netflix for games. He’ll create a list of games, they ship the first on the list, and when he’s done he sends it back. This saves him a lot more money than buying a game and getting a few bucks back when he’s tired of it. And the best thing is there is no contract so you can cancel it anytime.
- The Party Guy - DIY Juice to Alcohol Kit ($10 | Thinkgeek.com) We all know the kind of guy who is always down for a rager. Whether he’s throwing the party or attending he’ll love this. The kit comes with six packets and each packet will carbonate16oz of juice to alcohol. In about 24-48 hours he’ll have his own homemade alcoholic beverage.